02 April 2008

Baking







Today, apparently, is baking day at my house.  I made several loaves of my Chocolate Zucchini Bread (which my kids and H love) and am currently making Lemon Bars.  I've made the bread lots of times, but I'm not sure that I've ever used this recipe for Lemon Bars.  I improvised a bit and added some Lemoncello to the batter.  We'll see how that tastes.  Here is the recipe for the bread.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated, unpeeled zucchini
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.  Beat on low speed until blended.  Than add the zucchini and the cooled, melted chocolate.  (If you add the chocolate while it is too hot, it will scramble the eggs.)  Stir these things together.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Add this dry mixture, the chocolate chips and nuts (optional) to the egg mixture.  Stir just enough to blend in the dry ingredients.

Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60-70 minutes.


I got my Photoshop Elements  Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it.  I also purchased the Digital Photography books written by Scott Kelby.  They are fabulous.  I am waiting to get his Elements 6 book.  None of the bookstores in town seem to have it yet.  The hints on the Pioneer Woman's blog have been helpful.  The funny thing is, there always seems to be some problem relating to this photography thing.  Maybe it's because we have never really immersed ourselves in it so much, but when I went to print out some of my pictures to see how they looked,  we couldn't get the printer to take the photo paper.  So I printed them on white cardstock.  I use the term "we" because H is the technical guru in this family.  He can solve (almost) any technical problem.  The exception seems to be the storage of my photos on the MacBook.

No comments: