07 May 2008

Blogging is harder than I thought

Can't even remember what my last post was about. I saw Heather on the Today Show and got inspired. Her segment was on mommy bloggers, but I really don't think of her as a mommy blogger. I think she is more of a life blogger.

My CASA case is going nuts. The mom is a crack addict, who goes from drug rehab to drug rehab, either getting kicked out of or quitting each of them for various reasons. I don't think she has told me the truth once. She recently announced that she was pregnant. Do I even believe that? It takes up a lot of my time.

H and I are also on the board of our kids' swim team. Sounds so impressive. We do the computers. Have you ever been involved in a swim team? The computer job is a big deal. You enter in all the kids in their events and print out stuff to run the race. I really don't know what I am doing 100%. Our first meet is Friday and I should be pretty clear on it all by then.

My sister in law was in line to adopt a baby through an agency. She got a call that a mother had picked her and her husband to adopt her baby. Yeah! Less than a week later, the birth mom went in to early labor in Austin, where we live. They do not live here. She had the baby and the adoption went through. However, although the baby is a very healthy premature baby, it is still in the neonatal intensive care unit. To top things off, her H is in the coast guard and had to leave for a tour (is that what it is called?) and won't be back for a month. My sister in law is a bit overwhelmed. I am thrilled to have another nephew. He is almost 4 pounds and is of hispanic descent. We celebrated Cinco de Mayo in his honor this year.

No comments: