21 August 2008

Tattoo Parlor




Why do they call it a parlor anyway?  So, we went to eat on the east side of town on 080808.  I wanted to get some pictures.  Across the street from the restaurant was this place.  I wanted to take a picture of the outside but there were folks hanging out outside.  I was  too self conscious or embarrassed to take a picture with them there.  My husband asked me to ask them to show me their ink.  So hip, he is.  They couldn't hear or understand me, so I had to walk over to talk to them and we - including my 2 young kids, ended up in the place.  They could not have been nicer.  The lady above is also on a roller derby team.  They gave albums of their work to the kids to look at.  Great.  When we left, my son said, "I can't believe you took us to a tattoo place."  I couldn't either.  The photos are blurry because of the light.  I try not to use the flash.  I guess I should have.  I have to do some research on what the name of the place was.  I'll get back to you.


Elementary school open house tonight.  School starts Monday.  Not a day too soon, let me tell you.

Update:  It is called Telepathic Tattoo.  They couldn't tell me why.  Anybody know?

3 comments:

Laura said...

You are officially the coolest mom ever!

ALL THE BEST said...

It's great to hear from you Helen!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Send me an email at allthebestblog@gmail.com!

JASClark said...

why are you getting some 'ink'?